torstai 26. heinäkuuta 2012

Fai's kimono

I already posted images of this in my other blog, but being kimono related I decided to post it here as well. I made Fai's kimono from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle for a friend to wear at Animecon (Kuopio, Finland). The kimono is cotton, with blue sakura's appliquéd onto it. I still haven't made the bead embroidery on them, so it's still a work it progress, but it was wearable and recognizable, and the cosplayer wanted to wear them.
The sleeves I call "patchwork", because after I had sewn them in once, I realized that they were too narrow to fit his looooooong arms properly (I still think they could have been a teensy weensy bit wider). Othervice the kimono sat nicely on him. He made the accessories himself.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Looks nice! :D
    I actually think I might have seen him at Animecon.

    VastaaPoista
  2. I think he rocked with his Fey's costume! ^w^
    And cotton was a good choice of fabric since convention tend to be humid, crowded and hot.

    VastaaPoista