maanantai 4. kesäkuuta 2012

Kimono Challenge pt.3 & 4

Original challenge was made by Kira Kira Kimono.

1. How did I hear about kimonos& first kitsuke toughts and stuff
2. My dearest kimono item(s)
3. My most used kimono item(s) (not counting jubans, datejimes etc.)
4. My least used kimono item(s)

5. My favourite coordination(s) so far
6. What things I like and what not in kimonos(&why)
7. Kimono confessions. Did you know that...
8. The massive want-to-buy-list(or in this situation what-I-would-like-to-buy-but-don't-have-enought-money-or-any-occassion-to-wear-it-list)
9. My biggest fears&wishes what comes to kimonos
10. My biggest inspirations in kimonos
11. My kimono collection
12. The evolution of my kitsuke

3. My most used kimono item(s) (not counting jubans, datejimes etc.)

My most used kimonos are probably my beige houmongi and violet houmongi. The most times I wear kimono are in the winter and these two are my warmest kimono's. Even if they are silk, but they are thick and keep the wind off. For some reason they are also the two kimono's that I have the least kitsuke images, but these are the favourite combos I usually wear them with. Except that I have changed the white obiage to a purple one with the violet kimono.
Beige houmongi.
Violet houmongi.
 When it comes to obis, I try to use them all equally. I only have 7 obis (which means that I should buy only obis for a while, but I don't seem to find ones that I like). But I think I use the silver from the last entry and the purple obi, you can see in the violet houmongi picture, the most. They are the easiest to tie and rarely fight back. The orange in the beige houmongi image is a bother to tie, it keep wrinkling and fighting until it's tied. But I still love that arabesque pattern on it!

My most used obijime and obiage is my purple combo. I only have 2 sets of obiage/obijime and I really should get more. Sometimes I use scarfs as obiage.

4. My least used kimono item(s)

I realized that I have quite a lot of items I have not used more than once.
White odori kimono.
I have not worn this kimono myself even once. I've used it 3 times to demonstrate (on someone else) how to dress in kimono. I really should do a photoshoot, but I still need to find just the perfect obi for it.
Black ro kimono.
I have worn this twice. It's too small for me and rather fragile. It's old, so everytime I have worn this I have been scared that something will rip. I still love that pale flowers on black background pattern, but I'm afraid to wear this piece.
Another black ro kimono.
This one is also a little small, but this one has the seam threads broken in some pieces and I should repair them before wearing this again. This too feel very fragile when you handle it and wearing this would be very careful job.
White-orange hakata.
This was sold to me as a nagoya obi, but when it came I realized that it had not been finished. So I should finish this obi before I can wear it properly.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti