lauantai 3. maaliskuuta 2012

Happy Happy, Purse Unhappy

I've been scraping to get myself a little extra to go shopping and I've also been working with paperdolls lately and this is going to be a long post...

I'll start with the two odori kimono I got from RyuJapan.
At first I thought that the smell that came with this kimono was because of the plastic package, but I was wrong. It smelled very strongly of vinegar. A lovely person from IG, LightspeedGoddess suggested that it might be the smell of old sweat. After sniffing the kimono all over (yup, I turned into a bloodhound) I realized that the smell came from the bottom of the kimono, not from the places you'd expect the smell to come. After airing it a few days the smell seems to have dissappeared. Also my screen shows the colors as ivory with dark red pattern, the real color is more like peach/very pale pink base with aniline/fuchia pattern.

I was afraid that I would have to fight over this kimono, knowing that I would lose the fight instantly. Luckily the price stayed under $6 and I was happy to have it home. On my screen the base looks white, but it's actually doused in very very pale violet and the pattern is more reddish purple than the bluish purple I get on my screen,
but I'm not complaining, I like it even more!
 

 I was supposed to stop shopping after the kimonos, but I stumbled onto my other weakness: Books. I've been making paper dolls for some time now and when I saw these two books, I coudn't stop myself for getting them. So now I have to stay off eBay until November. Hopefully.... These books are about the japanese paperdoll making with instructions, so I'll be scanning some of them to my Flickr after I get the books. As always, I will not be scanning the whole books. The first book is from Showa era.
This is a newer book about the japanese paperdoll making. aboutjapan on eBay seems to have a few copies of these books if anyone is interested. They cost me more than I'm willing to admit and now I'm going to a strict savings spree. Which means that I have to stay off eBay and Suomalainen bookshop.

Upon other news, here's my newest handmade dolly. She came out front heavy, so that's why the scissors are in the photos; to keep her from tipping over. She also looks like she's dancing "Domo Arigatou Mr. Roboto!".

How she looks from the back. I'm still puzzling about the sleeves, but maybe the books I ordered will help me to clear that problem.

Close up of the head. First time doing hair from paper and it certainly shows!

Lastly the mail delivered the my cheering for the weekend: My orders from Orpheelin came! Yippee! That's Toxic vol. 3 and Reunion scetchbook. I've been a fan of Orpheelin for a few years now. These were in preorder in November/December(?) and they finally arrived. Yay, me so happy!

To get more info on Orpheelin and her work please go to her DeviantArt page: Orpheelin in DeviantArt

That's all folks!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti