keskiviikko 14. maaliskuuta 2012

New Arrivals

Hi everyone, just popping through. I got two more odori kimono from RyuJapan and now I'm hopping to the wagon of saving. Here they are, more purple and white combos! I'm growing a very uneconomic addiction to them.
This is probably the longest of these odori kimonos I've gotten so far. Most of them are 155cm, but this is nearly 160cm.
I got this book on Tuesday and took some scans of it to my Flickr. I will post a few of my favourite images here too. Please see the rest of the images in my Flickr:
Kimono Style Book 2
The scan does not give justice to this kimono. It's beautiful dark turqoise/coral iromuji and it makes me droooool. I would probably go willingly bankrupt if I could have this kimono. Luckily I only know it's existence in a photograph.
For the first time I have to say that I'm drawn to the checkered pattern, but something in this black and white combo is speaking to me. I've seen a fabric with similar pattern, so I might attempt to make one oneday.

Chocolate brown houmongi? Count me in! I think I need to take course on painting silk...

Rest of the books have not arrived yet but I'm waiting them to come soon. More scans coming up then!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti